Associate Director, Major Gifts
Organization Summary (Please summarize the organization in 250 words or less.)
FOR FOOD. AGAINST HUNGER AND MALNUTRITION.
FOR CLEAN WATER. AGAINST KILLER DISEASES.
FOR FREEDOM FROM HUNGER. FOR EVERYONE. FOR GOOD.
FOR ACTION. AGAINST HUNGER.
For almost 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, we have led the global fight against hunger. We save the lives of children and their families. We are there for them before and after disaster strikes. We enable people to provide for themselves, see their children grow up strong, and for whole communities to prosper. We constantly search for more effective solutions, while sharing our knowledge and expertise with the world. We push for long-term change. We will never give up. Until the world is free from hunger.
- Lifesaving impact in nearly 50 countries
- 6,500+ field staff assisting more than 14.7 million people
- 35+ years of expertise responding to emergencies caused by conflict, natural disasters and food crises
Our global efforts save hundreds of thousands of lives each year, but millions of undernourished children remain in need of lifesaving treatment.
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by...
playing a critical role in the transformation of the major gift programs poised to double revenue within the next 3-5 years. As the highest performing channel in the organization, this individual will work with organizational leadership, the board and current staff to grow the team, back room infrastructure and resources required to increase major gifts to secure resources for its strategic funding priorities. The Associate Director of Major Gifts will work with senior management to activate the strategic plan among major donors designed to position the organization towards the elimination of hunger and malnutrition through the development of a comprehensive campaign targeting current and prospective donors.
The world produces enough food to feed everyone. Join the global authority on preventing and eliminating hunger, that treats more children afflicted with severe acute malnutrition than any other organization. We can end this scourge, within our lifetime.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Working with the Director of External Relations and external consultant developing a 3-year plan for growth within Major Gifts.
- Working with the Director of External Relations making an internal case for investment by the board in capacity building to support the growth potential of the organization.
- Designing prospecting strategy and portfolio management plan based upon learnings from predictive modeling exercise conducted in 2017.
- Developing, leading and executing solicitations to a portfolio of high net worth individuals including board to secure major gifts between $50,000 and $1,000,000.
- Leading the development of engagement and solicitation strategies for qualified major gift prospects, overseeing the implementation and personally driving the execution of said strategies.
- Interacting with board in the form of fundraising strategy development, meeting and event attendance and written briefings as they pertain to assigned prospects and prospect development.
- Overseeing Development Officer on the annual benefit event gala planning and execution.
- Working with Major Gifts staff to track and record activities as they relate to assigned prospects using Razor’s Edge.
- Participating as an active member of External Relations, sharing information and collaborating with colleagues in a respectful and professional manner, contributing to a healthy and positive work environment.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
You are a dedicated fundraising professional
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Fundraising Management, Business or a related field.
- You have experience in leading the development of a major gifts annual fundraising plan and comprehensive campaign.
- You have demonstrated success in soliciting and closing gifts
You are excited by the possibility to launch innovative fundraising strategies and contribute to building Action Against Hunger-USA’s portfolio.
- You are motivated to work within the humanitarian sector specifically for Action Against Hunger cause.
- You are a good team player and an effective leader
You appreciate the value of an integrated, cohesive team approach.
- You are a great listener and communicator, able to engage with different personalities and situations.
- You set meaningful objectives and define milestones or measures of success holding your team accountable for the results.