Chief of Party
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for a USAID-funded project in Tunisia- Tunisia Resilience and Community Empowerment (TRACE). The project will apply a community-led approach to address youth and community needs and build community resilience. The activity will support communities in creating alternative pathways for youth through activities that intentionally engage youth within their communities to promote positive outcomes.
The COP is to be based in Tunis and will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project. S/he will oversee the long-term expatriate and local staff and short-term experts in achieving project results. The COP ensures compliance with all terms of the project contract and all relevant donor rules and regulations.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Program Director in the CIT Division or his/her designee.
- Manages and is responsible for technical and financial performance of the project;
- Provides technical direction, leadership, and oversight of all administrative matters;
- Ensures technical, financial, and administrative activities are carried out according to Creative’s policies and procedures and consistent with donor regulations;
- Develops and implements work plans for project activities;
- Oversees implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities and ensures that project results are met;
- Supervises development and submission of project deliverables and provides timely and accurate reporting and briefings to Donor/Stakeholders on all program areas;
- Oversees implementation of Creative’s security protocols and provides leadership in handling security-related issues; and
- Manages project team in a manner that is open and respectful and encourages professional development, and solicits constructive staff input.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant social or administrative field;
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience with donor-funded community development programs, CVE, or related areas, preferably including previous experience in the Middle East and North Africa;
- A minimum of three years of experience as a Chief of Party with the managerial and diplomatic skills necessary to develop excellent collaborative working relationships with government counterparts, international organizations, and other USG activities. A proven record of fostering partnerships and coordinating project implementation in a complex and dynamic political and international partner donor programming environment;
- Skills in monitoring, evaluating and effective management toward meeting project objectives; including evaluating sub-awardee and grantee activities through consultative meetings, site visits and reporting requirements; working out solutions to keep activities on track; and providing overall guidance and direction focusing the activity team on achieving agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives;
- A deep understanding of and experience managing projects similar in scope and scale of TRACE; and
- Written and spoken proficiency in English at Level 4 as defined by the International Language Roundtable, as well as Level 3 proficiency or better in Arabic and/or French.
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to mentor staff;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Strong analytical capacity.