Director of Regional Projects
Organization Summary (Please summarize the organization in 250 words or less.)
Fintrac, a woman owned and US-based consulting company, develops agricultural solutions to end hunger and poverty. For 25 years, we have worked with local and global partners to increase production, improve postharvest handling, add value, and develop markets and competitive value chains for the world’s most vulnerable farmers and communities.
The Director of Regional Projects will co-lead the Program Management Unit (PMU), which features a $250 million portfolio that spans four continents, and provides oversight to domestic and international staff across multiple operational disciplines. The successful candidate must be both strategic and process-oriented in approach, as well as a skilled trainer and able to build effective multi-disciplinary support service teams across portfolios.
- Providing oversight to rotating regional project portfolios (Africa, Latin America, Asia) to optimize workplanning, regulatory compliance, financial management, contractual deliverables, and client responsiveness;
- Providing oversight and building capacity for PMU staff in USAID contract and subcontract management, local grants development, budgeting, USG compliance, and results reporting;
- Building effective multi-disciplinary support service teams across departments and portfolios;
- Reviewing, adjusting, and monitoring multiple project budgets for accuracy and efficiencies; and
- Evolving processes and leading problem-solving initiatives to ensure state-of-the-art project management support.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; master’s degree strongly preferred;
- 7+ years’ experience managing USAID contracts (e.g. compliance, deliverables, outcomes);
- 2+ years of applied field experience in developing countries preferred;
- Solid local grants management experience;
- Strong budgeting and Excel skills;
- Training, capacity-strengthening, and consensus-building skills;
- In-depth agribusiness knowledge;
- Outstanding written and verbal communications;
- Spanish fluency strongly preferred; and
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Fintrac is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals.