Education and Training Manager
Organization Summary (Please summarize the organization in 250 words or less.)
About Education for Employment
Education For Employment (EFE) is the leading youth employment organization in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Our vision is to empower young women and men with skills and opportunities they need to build careers that create a better future.
Operating in the region with the world’s highest youth unemployment rates, we pioneered market-driven skills training for youth that links them directly to job opportunities and the world of work. EFE’s distinctive model has been recognized as one of the world’s most effective social innovations at the World Economic Forum, UN and the World Bank. Arabian Business, The Economist, Harvard Business Review, and many more have praised EFE’s work. Read more about EFE’s work at www.efe.org.
EFE is a network of locally-run, affiliated non-profit organizations working in the Middle East and North Africa. Since inception in 2006, EFE established affiliated non-profit organizations in seven countries in the MENA region (Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and Yemen), with global support hubs in the United States, Spain, and the UAE, and a presence in Algeria. Each EFE affiliate is a locally registered non-profit organization managed by local staff and governed by a local board of directors made up of accomplished professionals and leaders from various sectors.
EFE’s global team provide programmatic, fundraising, strategic and capacity building support to its affiliates. The relationship between the EFE-Global team and EFE’s affiliates in the MENA region is not a “headquarters / field office” relationship, rather, a partnership relationship between independent non-profit organizations affiliated with each other through EFE’s global network.
The Education and Training Manager will provide strategic and programmatic support for donor-funded programs, and capacity building and technical assistance for EFE’s education and training departments across the Network. Specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Strategic and Programmatic Support
- Assist in EFE’s overall strategic initiatives, and specifically, collaborate and create an updated training and education strategy that aligns with EFE’s long-term goals.
- Contribute to projects with a strong education and training focus across the network, including current project with USAID in Morocco.
- Coordinate with other program staff on education and training initiatives and provide guidance aligned with training and education strategy.
- Collaborate with monitoring and evaluation team to ensure education and training initiatives align with overall M&E strategy.
- Work with senior management team to assess and cultivate education and training partners that align with EFE’s training and education strategy.
- Contribute to proposal development processes and project reporting across the Network.
Curricula and Training Support and Capacity Building
- Evaluate and develop processes for assessing quality of curricula used across the Network.
- Collect feedback and information to accurately revise existing EFE curricula as needed.
- Provide guidance on methodology and approach for implementing training of trainers, across the Network and also with partners.
- Oversee development and implementation of both in-person and e-learning content across the Network.
- Collaborate with Network staff to provide professional development to all training staff and trainers.
- Develop internal staff developing training in collaboration with senior management and technical specialists.
- Collaborate with Business Systems Support Specialist for implementation and use of a Learning Management System.
Qualification, Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in international development, education or related field preferred.
- 6-10 years of experience managing programs and projects related to education or training.
- Proven capacity to design and develop curricula and training materials.
- Knowledge of e-learning and using learning management system platforms.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience selecting and working with external vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, and ability to collaborate effectively across multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible, well-organized and work effectively in a team.
- Knowledge of and/or experience living or working in the MENA region preferred.
- French or Arabic language skills strongly preferred.
IMMEDIATE OPENING. To apply, please send a cover letter, résumé, salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Education and Training Manager” in the subject line of your email.
**No phone calls please**
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Education For Employment (EFE) is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Foundation's policy to seek out and hire, at all levels, individuals without regard to race, religion, age, color, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or physical ability. We affirm our policy of offering equal employment opportunities to all individuals through our employment practices.