Grants and Contracts Coordinator
Organization Summary (Please summarize the organization in 250 words or less.)
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years and in over 155 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families.
Jhpiego works with health experts, governments and community leaders to provide high-quality health care for their people. Jhpiego develops strategies to help countries care for themselves by training competent health care workers, strengthening health systems and improving delivery of care.
Jhpiego designs innovative, effective and low-cost health care solutions to ensure a level of care for women and their families. These practical, evidence-based interventions are breaking down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations.
In Joint collaboration with the Contracts Management and Compliance Division Team (CMCD), the Grants and Contracts Coordinator will assist the CMCD Director and CMCD Manager with the review and modification of overseas international and domestic documents as a member of, and in collaboration with, the Contracts Management and Compliance Department (CMCD). The Grants and Contracts Coordinator will act as the primary point of contact and manage the CMCD my.Jhpiego website.
Manage CMCD document tracking database
- Assign new Electronic Data Management System document numbers
- Monitor Jhpiego national and international Leasing Agreements: update renewal dates, send out termination letters, etc.
- Manage information on the CMCD my.Jhpiego SharePoint/Access driven websites
- Manage the data submitted to Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency (FFATA) reports system website.
- Ensure that all CMCD invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Provide regular, recurring and ad hoc reporting to the Director and Manager of CMCD as requested
- Manage information on state licensing filing, specifically the signature authorization
- Assist CMCD Director and Manager with additional duties as requested
- Assist with documenting Sever and Adverse Events (SAE’s)
- Exercise independent judgment and apply knowledge of JHU and Jhpiego procedures and operating policies
HS diploma with 3 year’s administrative experience
- Proficiency in MS Office, including ACCESS
- Basic understanding and interpretation of OMB, CFRs (Code of Federal Regulations: Uniform Guidance), and FARs (Federal Acquisition Regulations)
- Aware of and sensitive to working in multiple socio-economic settings and with multi-cultural groups in a developing country environment
- Understanding of contracts and cooperative agreements including their relevant terms, conditions and the differences between them
- Demonstrated ability to work with professionals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced complex team environment with multiple projects/tasks, short deadlines, competing deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to thrive in environment of changing deadlines and priorities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and a real team player
- Excellent organizational, presentation and verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Highly organized with attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor Degree
- Knowledge of JHU-specific systems: JAWS, COEUS, CheckList, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of database management, HTML and SharePoint
- Knowledge of the proposal process, including grants and contracts submission documentation
- Knowledge of international development programs
- Knowledge of JHU contracting and binding arbitration policy
All applicants should prepare a single document submission to include: cover letter, CV, references and salary history