We are Searchers.
We are over 600 strong worldwide. We believe in our mission to end violent conflict.
It’s our purpose- our call to action.
A Searcher understands our vision of a world where:
Differences stimulate social progress, rather than precipitate violence
Respect for and cooperation with those we disagree with is considered the norm
A Searcher is a dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate individual, committed to our values.
Shared Humanity. Empathy. Impartiality. Inclusivity. Courage. Hope. Humility. Audacity.
With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we implement projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. You will be joining other highly motivated Searchers with a good team spirit and through commitment and dedication, have opportunities to grow.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for DC HR operations in compliance with HR Global Policies and standards and provides HR services.
This role will implement programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions.
- Monitors the HelpDesk
- Provides quality day-to-day service in all aspects of employment and human resources management
- Manages client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns while analyzing time and cost issues
- Ensures quality of HR operations and services in compliance with HR policies, standards and systems while continually improves efficiency of the HR department and services
- Implements and administers DC HR plan in alignment with the Global HR strategic priorities, this includes recruitment, hiring and onboarding, contracting, C&B, Performance Management, L&D, offboarding for staff, interns and volunteers
- Implements and manages HR operations and procedures, contributes to the development of HR policies and procedures
- Maintains and updates the Employee Handbook for DC office
- Ensures that DC hire employee files are properly managed and recorded in the HRIS
- Manages the Performance Evaluation Program
- Represents HR in social committee and in other committees as appropriate
- Produces quarterly reports and analyzes results of the DC HR department
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulation, and ensures appropriate reporting
- Acts as the focal point for DC internal or external audits.
Salary Compensation Management
- Manages the Compensation Policy and framework for DC staff
- Manages the contracting process for DC hires: compensation and benefits packages, reference checks, offers and contracting agreements
- Manages changes in compensation for all domestic staff, and supervises the payroll preparation process
- Maintains compensation documentation for auditing purposes
- Manages all employee benefits packages, including health/life insurance, disability insurance and retirement plans, including setup, maintenance, as well as manage internal and external communication
- Manages the relationship with the brokers and the insurers monitors their contractual obligations
- Organizes and manages annual open enrollment communications and election process.
*Please note: Occasional travel may be required
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- BA, in HR or Business Administration
- 3 years of HR generalist experience including 2 years of full responsibility of all HR operations of an HR department, experience of complex international organisation
- Knowledge of HRIS systems, compensation frameworks domestic and international
- HR Expertise equivalent to PHR
- Working with People
- Flexibility , autonomy, initiative, innovation, problem solving
- Drive for Results and Efficiency
- Concern for accuracy
- Cultural Awareness
- Ethical Practice
- Basic French
Sound good? To apply, interested candidates should:
- Send a cover letter and current resume to our employment website here.
- Include the following in your cover letter
- minimum salary requirements (or current salary)
- projected start date,
- where you found this posting.
We are looking to fill this position with the right candidate. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our web site www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.