International Division Human Resources Manager
John Snow, Inc., a leader in the field of global health, is currently recruiting for a full-time Human Resources Manager for its International Group in Boston, MA. The HR Manager will work closely with the division HR staff to provide support in the areas of recruitment, orientation, onboarding, performance management, safety and security, HR trainings, and resource development. S/he will be based in Boston and may be asked to travel internationally. S/he will be supervised by the Senior HR Manager.
Boston International Division HR Management
· Oversee and ensure effective recruitment, onboarding, orientation, performance management, and termination of Boston International Division staff
· Work with Division Director in processing personnel status changes.
· Develop/refine BI HR guidelines and tools; train staff in their use, and provide guidance to division staff on an ongoing basis.
· Oversee division internship program and supervise division interns.
· Participate in proposal teams on an as needed basis.
Field Staff HR Management
Oversee and ensure effective recruitment, onboarding, orientation, performance management, and termination of field staff paid out of Boston.
- Ensure project local hire employee manual guidelines and template are compliant, up-to-date and used effectively by bilateral projects and work with DC counterparts to ensure consistency across other projects in-country.
- Ensure all JSI bilateral projects have effective safety and security programs.
- Participate in field staff orientation (Chiefs of Party, DCOPs, etc.) when visiting JSI HQ.
- Oversee field staff compliance training and tracking.
Corporate HR Management
Participate in HR Department monthly meetings to keep BI abreast of developments and requirements, assure BI compliance with JSI systems, and provide updates on BI HR issues.
- Serve as a resource to the HR team on lessons learned, tools and systems in such areas as recruitment, and field staff HR.
- Work with HR staff to provide corporate wide HR training.
- Minimum BA degree, HR certification or Masters' degree preferred
- 5-7 years experience in international HR
- Demonstrated experience in recruitment, onboarding, orientation, performance reviews
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to travel overseas