Program Assistant, Middle East & North Africa (MENA) – (Job #1780)
The Program Assistant provides day-to-day administrative and programmatic support to the Middle East and North Africa program staff.
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a congressionally funded, private, nonprofit grant making organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks a Program Assistant. This is an entry-level position on our Middle East and North Africa (MENA) regional program team. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
- Ensure logging in of grant proposals.
- Draft budgets and assist with writing project summaries.
- Provide support for considering and awarding grants to nongovernmental organizations working on democracy building programs in the assigned region/country.
- Assist senior director and staff with general administrative duties.
- Organize events for visiting grantees.
- Attend and report on relevant conferences, meetings, and other events.
- Research information on current political developments in the assigned region/country.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline;
- 1+ years of work experience in an office environment;
- Administrative support experience.
- Other Qualifications:
- Knowledge of major political and social issues and trends in the MENA region;
- Fluency in Arabic (reading, writing and speaking) is required;
- Proficiency in other languages used in the region, including French, Turkish and Farsi is preferred;
- Fluency in English with strong writing skills is required;
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- High degree of organization and initiative.
Candidates must include a cover letter, resume, completed NED employment application, salary history with requirements, and contact information for three professional references. Please send a brief email in Arabic to email@example.com, with Job #1780 – PA, MENA - YOUR NAME in the subject line. The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit our website at www.ned.org. Please, no phone call inquiries. www.ned.org/NED-Full-Employment-Application.pdf