SENIOR MANAGER USG GRANTS, CONTRACTS & DONOR COMPLIANCE
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. Women are at the heart of CARE's community-based efforts to improve basic education, prevent the spread of HIV, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity and protect natural resources. CARE also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and helps people rebuild their lives.
The Sr. Manager USG Grants, Contracts & Donor Compliance will play a significant role in donor compliance administration, oversight and assurance with US government donors with a focus on CARE’s expansion of its portfolio into US government (USG) grant and contract mechanisms.
CARE has taken on an ambitious agenda and we need great talent to join us!
CARE is seeking a Sr. Manager USG Grants, Contracts & Donor Compliance who will play a significant role in donor compliance administration, oversight and assurance with US government donors with a focus on CARE’s expansion of its portfolio into US government (USG) grant and contract mechanisms. Provides advice and interpretation of USG donor rules and regulations pertaining to CARE program implementation and risk management, with an emphasis on the Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the agency supplemental regulations. The Sr. Manager will work in close consultation with Global Operations and the Office of General Counsel to ensure that CARE’s USG grants and contracts proposals and operational portfolio complies with USG regulations in all phases of the program management cycle. The Sr. Manager will contribute to building organizational capacity and technical knowledge of grants and contracts regulations and requirements and will work with the Award Management Solutions (AMS) team to build greater capability in grants and contracts management across the organization. This position can reside in Atlanta, GA or Washington, DC.
- Provide knowledge expertise, guidance and technical support in areas of USG grants and contracts administration and management to CARE Country Offices (CO), Regional Management Units, CARE Implementing Members and CARE USA HQ teams
- Manage the compliance and implementation administrative processes from award through close-out of USG contracts and subcontracts
- In consultation with Director of Financial Management Capacity Building and global operations staff, support staff, partner training and other capacity-building initiatives related to USG awards (grants and contracts) and sub-awards including development of technical training materials and curricula, tools and formats, online and self study resources for all phases of the agreement and sub-agreement management cycle
- Develop guidance, manuals, templates and quality management processes for implementation and monitoring of USG funded awards and sub-awards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Contracts Management or JD/LLD or equivalent work experience
- 7-10 years of experience demonstrating knowledge of international nonprofit grants and contracts management practices.
- Demonstrated experience managing USAID or other USG grants and contracts in an international context.
- Previous experience in the design and implementation of USG compliance programs.
- Financial accounting, budgeting, and procurement operations including expertise in cost accounting and GAO Cost Accounting Standards (48 CFR 9903 and 48 CFR 9904)
- Knowledge of FAR, AIDAR, USG Code of Federal Regulations (i.e. 2CFR200 Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Single Audit Requirements for Federal Awards and 2CFR700).
- Training/Facilitation skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Microsoft office and internet search computer skills including advanced Excel
Interested and want to learn more? Click apply!
Contact Person Name
Contact Person Email
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.