Technology and Business Systems Manager
Organization Summary (Please summarize the organization in 250 words or less.)
About Education for Employment
Education for Employment (EFE) is an affiliated network of locally-run non-profit organizations that creates economic opportunity for youth in the Middle East and North Africa. Young people in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) face significant obstacles to finding a job, and the impact of their bleak employment prospects is felt not only by the youth themselves, but by their families, communities and societies as a whole. Education For Employment’s (EFE) mission is to create economic opportunity for unemployed youth in the Middle East and North Africa by providing world-class professional and technical training that leads directly to jobs and entrepreneurship support. EFE strives to empower youth with the skills and opportunities they need to build careers that alleviate poverty and create a better future for themselves, their communities, and the world.
Through its 12 years of operation and nine years of programming, EFE has become a global thought leader on youth unemployment and a leading workforce development organization in the MENA region. Since inception, EFE has impacted over 50.000 young people. Working with global partners such as Accenture, Intel, The MasterCard Foundation, and hundreds of local and regional companies, governments and educational institutions, EFE has solidified multi-sector partnerships, established a strong program track record, and has attracted significant funding to fuel expansion.
Position Summary (Please summarize this job description in 250 words or less.)
Technology and Business Systems Manager Responsibilities
The Technology and Business Systems Manager is a member of the Global Team, and reports to the Global VP. The successful candidate will work closely with the Global team to assist with the development, documentation, training, and implementation of new and existing systems as well as develop and provide IT support and services to the EFE user base. EFE’s systems include (present and future) Salesforce, Box, Microsoft Office 365, a Student and Grant Management System, and a Learning Management System. In addition, the Technology and Business Systems Manager will stay current with technology trends and make recommendations for systems and processes that will benefit the EFE Network. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent personal, professional and relationship management skills in addition to their technical skills.
This is a full time position based in Washington, DC. or Madrid. As a member of the Global team, the Systems Manager will also be expected to contribute to EFE affiliate IT needs, particularly in relation to centralized systems that are deployed network-wide such as Salesforce.
EFE is a network of locally-run, affiliated non-profit organizations working in the Middle East and North Africa. Over the past several years, EFE established an affiliated non-profit organization in six countries in the MENA region (Egypt, Jordan, Palestine, Yemen, Tunisia and Morocco). Each affiliate is a locally registered non-profit organization managed by local staff and governed by a local board of directors made up of accomplished professionals and leaders from various sectors.
EFE’s global team provide programmatic, fundraising, strategic and capacity building support to its affiliates. The global team operates out of EFE’s US based offices in Washington, DC and New York, Europe Based in Madrid and UAE based in Dubai and travels regularly to the MENA region. The relationship between the Global team and EFE’s affiliates is not a “headquarters / field office” relationship, rather, a partnership relationship between independent non-profit organizations affiliated with each other through EFE’s global network.
- Lead in the testing, and implementation of new and existing business systems.
- Lead in the preparation of documentation and user support materials to assist system users; develop, organize and write user manuals, guides and other documentation.
- Develop and prepare training materials and provide support for system user training workshops; present new systems, features, and enhancements; provide one-on-one training as needed.
Qualification, Skill and Knowledge Requirements
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least three years in a help desk, systems adoption, technical support, or similar role.
- Knowledge of and experience in simple SQL query creation is highly desirable.
- Experience creating reports on Tableau or a similar report creation software.
- Proven ability to set priorities, work independently and take initiative, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent writing skills. Demonstrated ability to draft proposals, reports, results of research or other organizational documents with minimal supervision.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills. Ability to professionally engage and work with key EFE stakeholders in various settings.
- Ability to work in the U.S. or Spain
- Availability and willingness to travel occasionally to the MENA region as necessary to advance EFE’s objectives.
- Availability and willingness to work modified hours and days as needed.
The following qualities are essential to all applicants:
- High energy individual who demonstrates flexibility in work priorities, capable of multi-tasking and operating efficiently and effectively across multiple areas of responsibility.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and has a “do what it takes” mentality in order to achieve EFE’s objectives.
- Demonstrated capacity to exercise independent judgment and sound decision-making in the midst of diverse and complex organizational environments.
- Flexibility and willingness to take initiative
- Strong team orientation, relationship-building and negotiation skills, and ability to collaborate with diverse groups of people
- Quick learner and self-starter with a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Positive energy and attitude
- A passion for EFE’s mission
Education For Employment (EFE) is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Foundation's policy to seek out and hire, at all levels, individuals without regard to race, religion, age, color, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or physical ability. We affirm our policy of offering equal employment opportunities to all individuals through our employment practices.