Navigating International HR in the Nonprofit World
|Early - Apr 25||Regular - May 16||Late - Jun 06|
|INSIDE NGO MEMBERS||$820||$925||$1,030|
This two-day workshop provides participants with an excellent opportunity to enhance their skills in human resources management in international NGOs. If you have just transitioned to an international nonprofit HR role, are moving from an HR specialist to an HR generalist position, or are responsible for overseeing staff who work in this area, this course is for you. Taught in a highly participatory style by HR practitioners, this workshop consistently receives high praise from attendees, who say that it is “incredibly helpful,” “very informative,” and “absolutely pertinent.”
HR practitioners currently confirmed as panel speakers include:
- Laura Retzler - Independent Consultant
- Sophia Haughton - Senior Manager, Strategic Recruitment and Proposal Development, CARE
- Shawn Mood - Executive Vice President of HR, Catholic Relief Services
- Monica Irvine - Associate General Counsel and Director of Risk Management, World Wildlife Fund
- Marie McNamee - Director, Program & Member Services, InsideNGO
- Shari Stier - Vice President Global Human Resources, Pact
- Don Mooers - Founder & Managing Partner, Mooers Immigration
Who Should Attend
- HR specialists or mid-career professionals who are changing roles or have limited experience in international non-profit human resources
- Non-HR professionals, who have international HR responsibilities or oversight
What You Will Learn
This workshop explores the human resources role within international NGOs. You will learn how to:
- Manage the complexity of proposal recruiting and use new technology tools to find talent
- Navigate the complexities of international and local staff salaries, benefits, and allowances
- Explain US visas, extraterritoriality issues, and other global HR and legal challenges
- Articulate the role of HR in the global security and staff area
- Navigate global HR compliance issues
The Inside NGO Advantage
For 40 years, InsideNGO has been “inside” the NGO community, supporting organizations as they address the world’s most pressing social issues. We are widely recognized as the leader in US government assistance compliance training. Our training activities are designed to help you and your organization build capacity, strengthen decision-making, develop more efficient systems, and identify effective solutions to important challenges. Our learning programs are modeled on the best practices in adult learning. In today’s complex operating environment, learning has never been more important, and we take great pride in being your partner in professional and organizational development.
This program has been approved for 13 HRCI - Global recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at <a href="http://www.hrci.org">www.hrci.org</a>.
LOCATION & HOTEL
1120 20th ST NW
Washington, DC 20036
The nearest Metro stop to the workshop is Farragut North on the Red Line and Farrgut West on the Blue, Silver, and Orange lines. Find a map of the DC metro system here.
Participants are responsible for making and paying for their own hotel/lodging arrangements. We have found that www.hotels.com usually offers comparable or even lower rates than we are able to negotiate. Check out some suggestions for convenient hotels.
1120 20th St NW
Washington DC 20036
The nearest Metro stop to the workshop is Farragut West on the Blue Line. Find a map of the DC metro system here.
Participants are responsible for making and paying for their own hotel/lodging arrangements. We have found that www.hotels.com usually offers comparable or even lower rates than we are able to negotiate. We recommend attendees look for hotels in the Dupont Circle neighborhood. Check out some suggestions for convenient hotels.