Procurement Planning & Execution: USAID Grants & Cooperative Agreements
|Early - Mar 20||Regular - Apr 10||Late - May 01|
|INSIDE NGO MEMBERS||$820||$925||$1,030|
This online learning opportunity tackles the rewards and risks involved in executing procurements in USAID-funded assistance programs. Well-planned, well-executed procurement contributes to effective and compliant programming. Poor understanding of processes and procedures in this area raises the risk of funder audits and compliance reviews. If you want to learn more about how to develop and implement effective procurement procedures, systems, and controls, this workshop is for you. Designed in a highly participatory style, the course provides you with the knowledge and tools you need to effectively manage all aspects of procurement that are typically required in project implementation.
The online Procurement Planning and Execution workshop provided me with a unique experience of not only working with peers from other NGOs, but allowing me to read the materials at my own pace. It also let me focus on the topic for a six-week period, so I could understand what I was learning and see it in the work I do every day.
Wendy Uhiren, Finance Manager
This version of the workshop is entirely online and takes place over the course of six weeks. The learning objectives and training approach are very similar to the face-to-face workshop. Regular internet access and the ability to participate in team activities throughout the work week are ingredients for success in the eWorkshop.
This course is one of three required to earn InsideNGO’s Certificate in USAID Assistance Management.
USAID Rules & Regulations: Grants & Cooperative Agreements
Who Should Attend
InsideNGO encourages both individuals and teams of employees to attend this workshop together to build and reinforce a culture of effective procurement planning. Those who will benefit include:
- Finance staff
- Program staff
- Procurement staff
- Administrative staff
- New business development staff
- Compliance staff
- Audit staff
- Individuals who develop procurement budgets and those who implement, monitor and report on procurement
What You Will Learn
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Plan procurement based on program needs
- Navigate through each of the key steps in the procurement process including establishing specifications of goods; requesting and evaluating bids; selecting vendors; ensuring quality in procurement; and documenting the procurement process
- Reduce organizational risks related to procurement execution
- Establish processes to ensure compliance with USAID requirements, including prior approvals, waivers, and restrictions on goods and services
- Manage revisions to the budget and other changes that affect procurement including budget reductions, revised specifications, price fluctuations, and procurement in disaster situations
- Understand competitive requirements and the issues that affect competition including sole source; unwillingness of vendors to provide written bids; and conflicts of interest that may arise in procurement
The Inside NGO Advantage
For 40 years, InsideNGO has been “inside” the NGO community, supporting organizations as they address the world’s most pressing social issues. We are widely recognized as the leader in US government assistance compliance training. Our training activities are designed to help you and your organization build capacity, strengthen decision-making, develop more efficient systems, and identify effective solutions to important challenges. Our learning programs are modeled on the best practices in adult learning. In today’s complex operating environment, learning has never been more important, and we take great pride in being your partner in professional and organizational development.
This eWorkshop takes place over the course of six weeks. Each week, participants can expect to dedicate 3-5 hours to the workshop. Participation is entirely online, and participants can choose when to spend time on the workshop as long as weekly activities (individual assignments and team projects) are completed on time.
|1||Welcome to the workshop
|2 & 3||Managing the typical procurement process
|4||Ensuring compliance in procurement
Procurement in disaster situations
|6||Next steps and final Q&A|