Transform from a Young Professional into an Emerging Leader
|Early - Dec 18||Regular - Jan 08||Late - Jan 29|
This one-day workshop is designed to give young professionals the foundational skills they need in order to be successful in their roles. In a sector where workplace demands are constantly changing, you need to know how to respond to your organization’s current needs as well as anticipate the challenges that tomorrow may bring. Those who do that well are often identified as the emerging leaders in their organizations. This highly participatory workshop will give you the tools you need to become more effective in your present role and advance your capacity for career growth.
Who Should Attend
- Young professionals who are new to the workforce
- Young professionals with less than five years’ experience working in the nonprofit sector
What You Will Learn
This workshop presents the skills you need to be a high-performing young professional who is poised for career growth. Through a combination of facilitated discussion and group exercises, you will learn how to:
- Lead at all levels, no matter your role
- Develop approaches to help you influence others in your day-to-day work environment
- Engage as an individual contributor, team member, and leader in your workplace
- Act and react in a professional setting to get the most out of every opportunity
1120 20th St NW
Suite 520S (Building 1)
Washington DC 20036
The nearest Metro stops to the workshop are Farragut North on the Red Line and Farragut West on the Blue/Orange/Silver Lines. Find a map of the DC metro system here.
Participants are responsible for making and paying for their own hotel/lodging arrangements. We have found that www.hotels.com usually offers comparable or even lower rates than we are able to negotiate. We recommend attendees look for hotels in the Dupont Circle neighborhood. Check out some suggestions for convenient hotels.