Virtual Training Mastery Series
The Virtual Classroom Mastery Series is a curriculum designed to support and promote members in the virtual classroom medium. It is part of our strategy to acclimate members into becoming world-class online learning experts through education, coaching, hands-on experience and results-driven online activities. The curriculum is derived from 2 individual courses.
1. Design and Development of Virtual Classroom Training (VCT)
Although this course is not dependent on a specific virtual classroom platform, the Blackboard Collaborate (formerly called “Elluminate Live!”) platform will be used to administer the class. This course is not designed to teach the use of Blackboard Collaborate.
At the end of class, participants will be able to:
- Identify the anatomy of a Virtual Class
- Describe the tools available in most VCT engines to design robust interactivity
- Transfer Instructor-led Training (ILT) design skills to VCT
- Create Facilitator Guides and materials clearly and easily for VCT
- Share Best-practices and experiences
The Design and Development class will take approximately 2.5 hours.
Prerequisites: – Participants must have attended at least one Virtual Class prior to class start time. – We recommend (but do not require) that participants attend a technical and functional session on their specific Virtual Classroom tool. – Participants must have an independent computer, internet connection, and microphone/headset, and have their computer configured for the Blackboard Collaborate platform.
2. Managing and Facilitating a Virtual Class
This class is intended for facilitators who will be teaching in a virtual classroom. This class is targeted for global staff who plan to deploy training via a virtual classroom.
At the end of the class, participants will be able to:
- List 3 skills a VC training must have
- Define characteristics of a successful virtual trainer
- Explain the various roles of a virtual class
- Define 4 ways to communicate with virtual learners
- Articulate the value of at least 3 tools found in a virtual classroom
- Tell us 3 ways to help a participant succeed in a virtual environment